Innovative training technology for e-health
Co-located to the DigiHealthSouth 2020 conference (Cali, Colombia)
Workshop chair: Gerardo Sarria, Javeriana University
The implementation of innovative technology for healthcare is crucial in nowadays higher demands for better and more tailored health services. Moreover, innovative technology deployment must include considerations relating to the enhancement of medical skills for healthcare personnel. Health professional education and practice are not unrelated to the ongoing educational shift from traditional models to a more active learning approach. This workshop will provide a dialogue for academia, researchers, technologists, developers and government decision-makers to discuss the role in how technology is currently transforming medical education.
The purpose of the workshop is to offer a scenario to share work in progress and explore opportunities for new research related to the design and development of methods and technology addressing challenges in innovation for healthcare education and practice.
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal, including, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Digital solutions for healthcare professionals
- Games for HealthCare Training
- HealthCare Training using VR
- Games for Wellness
- Games for Rehabilitation
- Health Informatics and Education
- Human Computer Interaction
- Wearable devices
- Sensor-based mHealth applications
- Biomedical data processing
- e-Health services in smart environments
- e-Health and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- e-Health and 5G networks
- Proceedings will be submitted for publication by Springer
- Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including EI Elsevier Engineering Index, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Selected papers will be invited for publication in the following EAI Endorsed Transactions: Transactions on Serious Games
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
Workshop papers have 4 pages at maximum including references (2500 words).
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register for the conference and present the paper. Only registered and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
(All deadlines refer to the UTC Time Zone)
Full Paper Submission deadline
31 August 2020
15 September 2020
1 October 2020